from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Fair fare hike?

no caption to add

The day has finally come when the authorities announced the peso increase to the seven-peso minimum fare. It didn't come as a surprise; the increase is a trend as with other commodities. Starting Wednesday, every Juan and Juana is shelling out a peso more to every short-distance jeepney ride in the whole Philippines!

The increase, the authorities said, is "to help jeepney drivers and operators cope with the rising commosity prices."

My blog post on fare hike ends here because this blog post is purely for information only, and, besides, no negative thoughts can change this news at this point. In a democratic country like ours, acceptance is an admirable trait. So, I'll do just that as I did earlier.

Who is one-peso richer? Who is one-peso poorer?
When I announced in the faculty room of the increase, just a few minutes after http://www.inquirer.net/ had broken the news , one well-off car-owning faculty member said, " Pabayaan n'yo na. Piso lang 'yan."

Something told me she was right, and something told me not to say anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...