from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Komyuter!

"Magkano sa Fourth Estate (a short-distance ride)?" a pretty lady asked.

"Mura lang ako maningil. Siete lang po," the driver said.

There. I'm back home!

The world of work awaits me after that brief Vietnam vacation. Back to work as they say. It's going to be a school teacher life for the remaining three months of the school year. I am looking forward to the months after that. I don't know what to expect, really. I think it's best that way, when  you don't set a lot of expectations. I tell myself to just enjoy the ride.

But how can one literally enjoy the ride when fare and toll hikes seem to be taking much of news airtime? It will come, I know. And when it does, I shall realize the worth of every peso all the more. If and when that happens, I hope to be in a job where I earn more. I don't think I'll be saying, "Keep the change" anytime soon; I don't think I ever did.

There are times when you want to escape, but you simply couldn't. Walang pamasahe e.


Streets of Ho Chi Minh
A slightly similar sight in Vietnam
Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...