from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Checking-in!

Just less than a week after I took a Cebu Pacific flight to Manila from Zamboanga, I'm taking the same carrier tomorrow, January 7, this time, to Vietnam! It's going to be my first in Vietnam! I don't know what to expect, really. I'm just happy that I'm adding a stamp to my colorless passport. hehe. I dread the expenses, though. The holidays have just ended, and holidays usually render me penniless. Sigh. I should have prepared more for this. Depending on the kindness of strangers and non-strangers does not exactly appeal to me. I could hope, though, that Vietnam is not as expensive as Singapore. Nevertheless, money should not be a deterrent in having fun wherever one is! Who am I kidding? hehe.

I haven't even stepped inside the airport, yet I am already faced with a minor problem. Cebu Pacific has this online check-in thing and my friend is supposed to do that for us. Guess who left his passport at home? The passport number is important for the online check-in. No one is home and I can't leave work! Bummer! I know that online check-ins are supposed to make traveling more convenient. This part of any airplane experience poses to be problematic to some travelers; I am not spared. I remember last year during the presidential elections, I went to Zamboanga to vote. Yes, I wanted to be a part of the historic automated elections! I checked-in a little late at the Philippine Airlines counter. I pleaded to let me in, but they weren't very friendly. Since it was long weekend, flights were all fully-booked. I resorted to transferring to the Mabuhay class! I had to shell out three thousand pesos to upgrade my Fiesta class ticket! I did that all for the love of Noynoy Aquino!

Anyway, it was a thrill to be in first class of a flight. I was separated from the common folks! hehe. I was offered a complete meal by the ever-friendly flight attendant who kept on asking if I wanted anything else. I did want one thing, though, but I couldn't tell her. How do you tell an attendant that a foreign-looking passenger across my seat had a smelly feet because his feet were exposed? I didn't pay P6,000 for a stench like that. But my Asian sensibility told me to keep mum about it. Besides, what could be done about it? Can they tell a person to put on his shoes because his feet stink? I really wouldn't know what they would do. So, I endured an hour and a half of first class foot aroma!

Oh well, I have digressed. As of presstime, no one is home to give me my passport number. I'll have to personally check-in tomorrow, and enter Vietnam airspace seated away from my friends. I shall learn from this.
Will I see these sights in Vietnam also? These are photos taken in Zamboanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...