from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, January 24, 2011

On carnapping and car ownership

Ortigas

 News nowadays makes it appear that owning a car in the country holds big risks. The news on carnapping and the killing that goes with it could send shivers to any car owner. In light of the recent crimes involving cars, a cop even suggested not to buy cars. I will be heeding that suggestion for now as financial limitation sounds to be a 'poor' reason for not having one. hehe. But I'll surely get my hands on my own automobile once PCSO has drawn my lucky combination.

As of presstime, the law agency is declaring the recent killing of two car dealers as nearly 'SOLVED.' The heinous act committed onto those two could really make people demand for the death penalty. I won't even think of being thankful for not owning a car, for no person, car-owner or not, not even an animal, should be subjected to any form of monstrosity.

Carnapping has been a lucrative job in the country since the time when demand for cheap cars rose. Everybody wants to have a piece of luxury in a country where luxury is god. Admittedy, I am part of that 'everybody,' and I also share in the rest of the population's interest in cheap cars because no teaching job could ever afford me a brand new one. Like most people, I'll probably settle for a pre-owned car, preferably a car whose owner I know. So, if you are reading this, and you a have car that you want to sell, introduce yourself to me and we will talk in five years, ok?

Kidding aside, anyone can be a victim of crime. There really is no way of saying when tragedy strikes, in the same way with luck. Much as I would like to hit it big with lotto, I know that it will never happen. It starts with betting, you know, which is something I don't do. Vigilance has to start somewhere else, too.

Makati


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...