from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Student Discount

One ordinary day, on my way to work, I handed the driver my ten-peso-coin fare for a short-distance trip. He gave me a five-peso coin and asked me to give him one peso. My numerical incompetence couldn't quickly comprehend the transaction going on then; all I wanted was my three-peso change. I may be Mathematically-challenged, but I'm certainly not disobedient. So, I placed the one-peso coin in his hand, and after some time, I tried putting to practice whatever Algebraic knowledge I had to figure out what had just transpired. When the 'eureka' moment arrived, I simply smiled - he must have thought I was a student! Oh yeah, I just shaved this morning I told myself. I must shave often! I was thrilled at the thought that at my age, 26, I was mistaken for a student, hence, the discount! The joy experienced seemed to have overshadowed the 'right thing to do' which is to say "Hey, Mr Driver, here is my one peso. I'm giving this back since you gave me the wrong change." But nothing like that happened. Did I feel guilty? Surprisingly , no. I realized what immense joy one peso could do to a person. This experience kept me smiling the whole day!

1 comment:

  1. Commuter today, driver tomorrow :-)

    Nice blog, pare. Done reading August 2010. Marami pa hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...