from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pictures in this blog


I use my cellphone to take pictures for this blog, and as you know, when you use a mobile phone inside a public vehicle, you are making yourself a prey to snatchers. In making this blog, I try to take pictures inconspicuously; I try not to call attention from anyone. I think hard which part of my trip I should take photos. As a result, the pictures may not necessarily be about the blog entry. It just shows you the images as seen through the eyes of an everyday commuter. If you notice, I don't have pictures taken inside a jeep; I'm not that brave yet, but I might just have some soon. I don't know but I feel safer on the bus than in jeeps, in so far as cellphone snatching is concerned. hehe. I have heard of countless 'cellphone' stories of loss, theft, violence and even death whether aboard vehicles or just simply walking to school or heading home. I don't want to be part of the statistics anymore although I have my own share of stories, and there are tons of them. Wherever I may be, I always think of my security. I really should. We really should.

I have had several changes of numbers and cellphone units. Sad to say, the changing of numbers always had to do with commuting. I was once held at gunpoint; they took two cheap phones just after I got off the FX to cross to my apartment building. Twice I lost a phone inside a tricycle; the second time was because I had a few drinks; I had myself to blame here. And there were other stories that reflected my laxity in my possessions. Admittedly, I have myself to blame for most of this; for the other side of the story, the blame is on the devil-possessed criminals whose aim is to put fear on people and rob them off their belongings. I hope this kind of injustice ends. No one should experience any form of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...