from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Commuters blog!/Commuters' blog

When I attempted to start blogging a year ago, I thought of numerous topics to write about. It turned out that I'd be writing about commuting. It's not the most novel and interesting idea in the world, but it certainly was a topic I could write about. But it took friends (Rosa and Noy) and a need for creative expression to fuel my interest in blogging once more; this just happened last month, July 2010.Come to think of it I started my blogger account last year. I'm now on my first month of serious blogging. I'm happy, so far. I just hope I won't succumb to an early blog death like how most Filipinos are with activities they initially do with much gusto. But I am optimistic about blogging about commuting since I don't see myself buying a car in the next months and even years, unless I make good at the lottery which I don't bet in.

In so far as commuting is concerned, I found posts by friends who talked of topics related to this blog. Click on them  ( Hello World! and  A matter of perspective ) to read their interesting posts. People like us will always have to say something about commuting, although not necessarily on a regular basis. There is always something interesting happening, and many not-so-interesting happenings that are still worth telling. I suppose you, too, have a story or two to tell.

I have to admit, though, that  I don't intend to commute all my life. To have a car is one thing I aspire for. And every now and then I check for car promos, ads and brochures because I would like to know the possibility of owning one. Just this weekend, in the Sunday issue of a daily, I browsed through the car section for cars and their prices, and they talked to me; they said " We are afraid you can't own one yet." Duh? Like I didn't know that! hehe.  I was doing some quick math. I realized I have to be earning at least twice as much as what I'm earning now to get a car  loan and still live on a slightly simpler but mobile lifestyle. In my line of work I am not going to get that much. The choice to be in  the 'education' sector is mine, thus, the salary, but I'm happy. My happiness is of utmost consideration in anything I do. But then again, I'd be extra happy to be driving my own car. This 'extra happy' stage will not be very soon, I know. The good Lord will give me one or two or three in due time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...