from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Night Shift

Ayala bus stop at night

"Night Shift' was all too foreign to me until several nights ago. It's not something that I want, so I tell myself "if I can avoid it, I will." One night shift has made me close my doors to any possibility of working as a call center agent  or anything that would turn my night into day and vice versa.

Our shift started at 8 pm. By four am, I could no longer think straight; it was difficult being alert. By five, the end of the shift, I could not wait to hit the sack. I was too sleepy to notice much of the metro. I played a game with nature, though. I told myself that I must get home before sunrise. Throughout my brief travel back home, I was trying to be a vampire, not wanting a ray of sunlight on me, trying to beat time. Well, I lost. Although I got home twenty minutes before six, vitamin D's healing power was nourishing me. With sunshine outside, going back to bed would be difficult. In a few minutes, my brother and sister would be making noise as they prepare for work and school.

Since I have always been a day person, and staying on the bed for long is not a habit, I rose three hours after I slept.Thankfully, the rest of the day was light.

I made up for lost sleep the next day. In a few days, I might do night shift again.Again, as I do that, I shall only be thinking of the money I am making afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...