from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Travel mates

A cliche: "It's not about the destination; it's how you get there."

No. It is still about the destination. hehe.

But the getting there part could be just as memorable as the destination especially if you have good company travelling or commuting with you. Just what makes a good company? I can't seem to answer this as I, myself, do not think I am a good travel companion; however, my being a 'not good' travel mate highlights the goodness in others. No travel story is ever good without conflicts; same goes for stories! Travelling in groups especially a group trip that is well planned shouldn't go wrong UNLESS you have companions who can't seem to jell well with the group. These people should be last seen at the terminals or detained at the immigration! hehe. I am lucky, though, that the people I travel with know how to adapt and are sensitive to others. Travelling in small number is always preferred; the group's manageability should always be considered.

Since I cannot talk about my experiences as a good companion, I shall base my list on my observations done on whom I call good travel mates.

1. They smell good most of the time. It is quite acceptable to sense a slight change in odor towards the latter part of the day.
2. They are game!
3. They aren't bossy. Inang demokrasya should prevail!
4. They are sensitive and adaptive.
5. They are physically fit for long walks and running.
6. They have their own money!
7. They are literates. Map-reading 101 grade should be at least B+.
8. They are attentive.
9. Their stomach clocks are synchronized with others.
10. They are never late.

This list may still be improved or increased. My commute and travel have mostly been done alone. If and when I get to travel in groups more often, I would probably know more, and eventually take on their good traits to become a better travel companion.

Now, who wants to take me to the moon?


4 comments:

  1. haha...yeah. i kinda noticed that...but you are an 8 out of the ten. that still makes you good!hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. siympre napaisip ako which one is the other unacceptable trait... waaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think much about it, roxy. You're still a very good travel companion. Desirable travel mate even! hehe...until our next trip!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...