from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sing!

“Sing,” the choir master said.

I did as told.

Then, she moved on to the next kid.

She was looking for new members to be part of the school’s NAMCYA-winning choir group.

When she heard me sing, I did not have to look at the expression of her face to know the probability of me joining the choir; I knew all along that I could never be a part of anything as great as a chorale group. It was more of fear masked by obedience that made me ‘sing’ in her presence.

Few months after that, I was bidding my classmates and schoolmates farewell as they boarded the ship to Manila to represent our region in the NAMCYA Children’s Choir Division.

They were the toast of the school, having brought honor to the school and the city. They put on these nice costumes and performed in the presence of top school and city officials. It was enviable, I had to admit, although I was happy listening to the music they produced from the opposite side of the stage.

Apparently the feelings still remain even after many years has gone by. I learned to abhor any videoke session with my workmates, for I remain to be the spectator. My growing admiration for anyone who could sing was met with frustration. Videoke invites after the first few were immediately rejected.

1 comment:

Feel free to write whatever...