from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Red for Japan!

My co-teacher Steh proudly wearing her nice red shir
All employees of the school are asked to wear a white or red top for the next three days as our way of showing support and condolences for disaster-stricken Japan. I am slightly defying this order by wearing maroon. You see, I take the the public transport a.k.a. jeep to get to my school in the posh Ayala-Alabang Village, and all construction workers must enter the village using uniformed-color shirts and they take the jeep, too. Today just happens to be red t-shirt day for our dear laborers.

By entering the wealthy village using the jeep, I am already branded as poor; I owe it to whatever dignity I have left in me not to be identified as a construction worker. I have got nothing against these wonderful skilled workers, but I just would not want to be marked as one. I am never a fan of labels and unappealing uniforms.


Tomorrow, I shall wear white, perhaps although, personally, I don't think it has to be seen in the color of the shirt or the pins one wears to express grief over or support for something. I am one with everyone whose prayers are for Japan. I laud the school, however, for the awareness they are trying to raise among the members of the school community. Japan is devastated by the triple catastrophe it is experiencing. Whatever little help we could give will surely mean something. I give them my prayers.
That's me wearing a maroon shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...