from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Passenger Series 4: The entrepreneurs

Taho Vendor

Rubberized Animal Toys Peddler

I'll never know how much they make in a day, and I'll never know the difficulties they experience either, but I my interactions with them give me a picture of a life I don't want to experience.

I stare at the likes of them when I see them in jeeps for that is as close as I could get as to experiencing the life they lead. I vow not to be in a position where I could hardly make ends meet. I owe it to myself and to my family. I do not completely blame them, though. Sometimes, life gives us apples; sometimes, something else.

Although they experience hardships that I do not want, and they take their trade to places that I will never go to, I share their worries also. Perhaps, our difference is just a few hundreds of pesos, but our concerns are more or less the same.

Addressing these concerns is what keeps us moving. I go to work teaching the kids while they peddle their goods in search of profit. At the end of the day, we  either begin thinking of what we will do next or we stop thinking since it's going to be pretty much the same the next day.
Business Attire: slippers, sando shirt, white shorts and backpack

Long day ahead


1 comment:

  1. This post must be shared to all the students who don't know how to value what they have and to those who don't have dreams for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...