from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Passenger Series 2: The postman


I have seen him a couple of times before. He takes the jeep to Ayala-Alabang Village, usually around noon time when the sun is at its peak. Sometimes, he travels with a partner; that day when I took his picture, he was alone. The posh Ayala-Alabang Village is his turf. I just don't know if he covers the entire 700 hectares of the village by foot. Unlike the many postal employees I see, he doesn't have a bicycle with him. He wears a long-sleeve shirt with PHILPOST on it and a fisherman's cap. That is his work uniform. It's good to see that there is still work for the likes of him although I doubt if he still gets to deliver social letters. I surmise all he has in his messenger bag are bills and more bills.

I don't think I'll be getting anything from him,  for, one, I don't live in the village and, two, I get all my mail in my house in Paranaque and not in my workplace. The only time we will ever cross path will be when I take the jeep with him again. But if ever he has something for me, I pray he brings with him some good news. I would really like to have some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...