from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Danger

View from the front seat

After some time, I finally had a good 'me' time. I watched the Adam Sandler - Jennifer Aniston rom-com flick alone. People find it weird that I enjoy watching movies alone. Actually, those two precious hours in a DECENT dark airconditioned theater keeps me balanced. Call it by any name but truth remains that I thrive with my brand of sporadic solitude.

It was a romantic comedy, and I was watching it alone during the movie's  first day of release. As expected, couples cames; I even saw dancer-actor Rayver Cruz and his babe Christine Reyes. I entered the theater alone and left alone after its last screening. At 12:30 am, I was out commuting. My travel to Sucat Interchange from Alabang was shorter than the time I spent at the bus terminal. Since there were fewer people out, filling up the bus with passengers took a much longer time than usual. The longer I stayed on that ordinary bus at the terminal, the more I was making myself prone to danger. On a day after  payday, one must be extra careful. Although I was cashless like every day of my life, I had with me my netbook and cellphone.

I lived through that episode unscathed. However, I had to take one more jeepney ride to get home, hopefully, before dusk. An empty jeep passed and I took the front seat which I thought was the safest place in a jeep at night. Halfway to my destination, a seemingly nice girl took her seat beside me and started putting on her earphones as she played music from her mobile phone. Next she did was take out a cigarette and light it. Great! It was just what I needed after an exhausting long day at work. I tried not minding her since I was just a few minutes from my place. So, I instead faced the driver to see him turning right at the Petron station two blocks away from my place.

"One fifty," the driver told the gasoline attendant. I looked at the girl with her cigarette at hand.

"Hoy, alam mo ba bawal yan dito?!
"Kung gusto mong mamatay huwag mong idamay ang iba!
"Gago ka ba? Tanga ka ba?"

These would have been the words I wanted to say to that girl. I stared at her instead, fuming. She was an unfeeling b@4#h! I wanted to give her some beating. My passivity was winning over necessity. She ought to learn something. I was thinking of things to tell her when I finally arrived at my stop. Forget it. She would die of lung cancer, anyway.

"Para, ma." The vehicle stopped, and she stayed in her place. She was expecting that the whole 153 pounds of me to easily go out of that door with her cancerous body blocking my way. Ok. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Too bad she did not completely hear what I told her. I did not get the chance to pull her earphones from her. Let's just say that I was happy with what I did. I had a good and peaceful sleep after. I hope she did, too.

2 comments:

  1. "She was expecting that the whole 153 pounds of me to easily go out of that door with her cancerous body blocking my way."

    I can actually "hear" you saying this. such an unxpected ending. clap. clap. clap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u jst reminded me of our last full show nights with the other moonwalkers...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...