from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daydreamer

Unrelated pic to the post
I have this undesirable habit which I find difficult to shake off. I tend to eavesdrop on people's conversations heard on jeepneys and FX's especially when I'm not in deep thought; just what am I to do? Just how do you shut your senses out? My nonexistent earphones don't work with the short battery life my three-year old phone has. Even if I look far out, my ears would still be functioning, right? Yes, I don't feel completely guilty. It's simply unavoidable. The riding public should learn to be discreet or else I'd  be writing about them here. hehe.

His phone rang; he picked it up and answered in a courteous manner. He was giving directions. My mind was somewhere far off when I heard him talking of cars, "Yung Fortuner ang gamit n'ya. Ang Hyundai ang dadalhin namin." I took notice of the man on the phone. Does this FX-riding dude own all those cars? Further into the conversation, I heard him talk of an expensive village and driving. I could only give guesses at that point.

What got me to notice him some more was when every time a passenger gets off, he extended his hands to the door as if assisting the alighting person. He did it as if it was the most natural thing to do. I took a closer look at him to validate my assumptions about him. He's a top of his class, I'm sure. He deserves my admiration.

His boss dies. A car is given to him for his service. He finally drives a car he calls his own.

Yes, I daydream, too, to while the time away.

The FX suddenly became quiet. At seven pm, I was nearing home, while the man who was earlier on the phone still had to get some work done.
Unrelated pic to the post 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...