from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Another excuse

Scene at work: Media Briefing at DFA
I tell myself that I'm not to make a habit of having single post per month. Hence, this, my second for the month.

I look back, and I remember how exciting it is to fill every blank page with words and thoughts that I care to write about. I have come to realize also that readership, although desired, is no longer a priority.This blog has become an extension of myself. When I don't put an entry, I feel as if I have forgotten scrubbing my nape! I have known all along the reason for the lack of post, but I don't go on blaming work completely.

The first two months of real government work has been an eye-opening experience. I recognize that I have so much to learn to be at least satisfactory in my work. I am setting a high standard for myself because my work calls for it. I don't wish to divulge an incident, but this one particular made me shake like a leaf at the slightest sound of a certain person's footsteps. I pitied myself that time. It was then I prayed the loudest to take the fear off me. No one deserves to live in fear, and no one deserves to spread it.

Days after that, at the strike of six, I head home, the FX taking me farther from work, a relief from all the horror of work,but the next morning, the same vehicle brings me closer to whom I was avoiding at work. But did I dread going to work? No, I like what I am doing. My purpose of working surpasses anything that stops me from doing what I must. I will prevail, this I tell myself.

If I don't write as often, I'm probably redeeming myself from that incident, and I tell you, it will take a lot of redemption.
I took a photo of this ad inside a cab. Sometimes, I take the cab if I don't leave the house early enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...