from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Painting, commuting, shooting, and other -ing endings

I tried painting over the weekend.

I finally had the courage to take it up, something I had been wanting to do for the longest time. I don't have any formal training, so Youtube was the best resource I had.  I did my first painting Sunday afternoon, 29th of January, and  finished my second painting at thirty past twelve midnight of the next day. I was so engrossed that I lost track of time. I was forgetting that I had to be up for work in a few hours.

A good first try, I think.

 I was beaming with pride for my creations. They are not exactly museum quality, but they deserve a place in my small abode. I have yet to learn how to blend colors and many other things. The flower painting is too dark while the mountain scenery is too light. Nevertheless, I am happy with my work. I shouldn't be too hard on myself. Besides, it's my first attempt to use oil.

With only few hours of sleep and with fingers smudged with paint, I was off to work by seven, to make it in time for the flag raising ceremony that Monday morning. I started panicking when vehicles were moving at a snail-paced along MIA road. I don't ever recall experiencing heavy traffic in this area even on a Monday morning. I surmised something was wrong, an accident maybe, ahead of us.

After a thirty-minute agony, I survived the heavy traffic, arriving at the office just in nick of time. I learned there was a film shooting in Buendia. A bus was made to appear to be falling off the flyover. "Ah, Bourne Legacy!" The mention of the film's title made everyone forgive the inconvenience it brought to all motorists and commuters. Who wouldn't be? The movie will certainly help promote the country, and we are too happy to have Hollywood stars come over here.

 Few minutes after I arrived, I saw the traffic along Roxas Boulevard the shooting created. While one side (south-bound) of the street had few cars, the other appeared like an extension of the parking lot to its right.


Tuesday morning, I learned from the morning show, Unang Hirit that the Buendia flyover shooting was for GMA 7's new soap. Upon hearing the news, I told myself, "ok" and hoped not to experience the same inconvenience again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...