from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Airport post

Checking in at Zamboanga International Airport
Zamboanga Airport
At Zamboanga International Airport 1/1/12

Morning flights to Manila were diverted to Diosdado Macapagal International Airport in Clark, Pampanga because of the heavy smog enveloping the airport area, the three airlines announced in their Facebook accounts. I was alarmed upon learning about this in the early morning of the first day of 2012; I am flying back to Manila in the afternoon. At nine in the morning, I was relieved to find out that the operations in the country’s premier airport had been back to normal. I just imagine the celebrations, the smoke, in Manila the night before. Zamboanga, of course, had its share in the revelry. When the morning broke, our maid, Manang, already cleared the house of any remnant of the revelry, and I partook of what’s left of the Media Noche dinner, took a bath, packed my things and readied myself for my flight back to Manila.

Again, I am writing this blog post at the airport. It’s an hour before my estimated time of departure, and there is no way of saying if we are leaving on time. Airline advisories have informed passengers that there might be delays brought about by the closure of the Manila airport in the morning.  I am not going to be surprised if our flight is delayed. I shall make use of the time contemplating and doing other things to while the time away.

The pre-departure area is slowly creeping with people. ABS-CBN’s ASAP is on, and my attention is divided between finishing this post and watching the dance and song numbers. And if I have a short post, please understand that I have chosen to watch TV. Hehehe! It’s ten minutes before our scheduled boarding, and there has not been any sign of a plane leaving. I think we have a delayed flight. 

For a 40-peso terminal fee, you get a fan in a not-so-well-lit pre-departure area.
I shall post this in Manila the moment I get an Internet connection. For now, I leave you with this greeting: “Happy New Year! May 2012 be a great source of many things for us!”

 In Paranaque 1/1/12

 I arrived safely; the sky was clear and not a trace of the smog that caused the airport to close. Oh well, a new year has begun. And yes, our flight was two hours delayed.

No tube for us. The stairs we must take.



In view: Cebu Pacific Baggage Carousel



I like how the fluorescent lamps reflect on the floor

Mass at the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...