from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Vacation!


My last week at work might be spent at home. My doctor told me to stay away from people after she confirmed it was mumps I was having.  This was not my idea of bidding farewell to the people, and if I made it to school, I would limit my interactions with them.
So, I am here in my condo unit, listening to the radio as there is nothing good on free TV nowadays while trying to compose this blog post which I will publish the moment I smell unsecured Wifi connections around.
As I wait for this big lump on my left jaw to disappear, I stay on bed and live the life of a bum, and I am starting to like it. This is life for the next weeks;  I am thinking of keeping  two-day old shirts on me, reheating of  three-day old food, dreaming  and staying on bed. It is  almost like the ideal life, but, no, it won’t work for me. I have other concerns to think of like, how many more pieces of  underwear do I have left until my next laundry which I plan to do in the distant future, or where will the next blackhead grow so  I could prick it with an unsanitized hair pin which I have been keeping within my reach.
This is my vacation, and I have to content myself with it. I don’t mind it though. I am not complaining, but I am not thanking my mumps for making it early for me.  It’s best this way, I guess. I will not have to see my friends’ faces as we officially bid each other farewell, and, besides, it’s not very sightly to see my over-grown left jaw as we do that. But a swollen jaw is preferred to a swollen scrotum which may happen to someone with mumps, and if that happened, that would give me more reasons to let my brother, who is staying with me now,  to do my laundry and cook my meals. And that’s a happy vacation?

3 comments:

  1. hay ralf! I will miss you so much. I guess it's time to say bye for now. See you soon friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siralf! I hate goodbyes... but it is the reality we all have to face... Hope you could come with us on our PEP this coming Thursday and Friday...l

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...