from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Spatial

There are times when I don't know which is right. Or left.

My spatial intelligence is close to non-existence. Because of this, I might not even be able to learn how to drive. You see, I am seeing the necessity to have a car now because of the demands of my work. Other than not knowing how to drive, the OTHER BIG obstacle is buying one. I was being brave when I checked out a car store near my place. I was looking around, asking the right questions and looking very interested. In all fairness to me, I was eager to have my questioned answered, and I did not waste the car dealer's time. Blah, blah, blah.... he talked of the differences of the cars, the functions, the speed, and finally, our talk came to the money part.  Well, he did not exactly  blurt all the money details; instead, he wrote them down. I left the store with that tiny piece of paper in my hand. My car of choice was Hyundai i10. Small and 'cheap' compared to all the other cars on display.

I was doing my math : downpayment + (monthly installment x 5 years)+ parking space + gas + maintenance. I may be lacking in spatial intelligence,  but my arithmetic is certainly not as bad. The sum made me scratch my head.

I was thinking which of the things I enjoy doing I should sacrifice. I listed them down:
  1. movies
  2. massage
  3. eating out
  4. home appliances and furniture
  5. vanity (moisturizer and lotion)
  6. occasional shopping
  7. chocolate and ice cream
  8. travel
 Let's stop at eight. 

I think between buying a car and not, it's best if I am able to distinguish right from the other right first

3 comments:

  1. You have to include the annual car registration fee in your equation. If you plan to buy a brand new car you may also consider getting an insurance. I wish parking space is not part of the equation. But I know nothing can stop the Commuter from achieving one of his dreams. Kaya mo yan. Let's start our driving lessons soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, watchamaculit! yeah, I have consider those. thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe blessings come in different ways. Malay mo hindi mo pala kailangan yang equation na yan. Kaya mag-enrol na tayo. God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...