from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, April 30, 2012

My Summer so far....


I no longer ignore the twenty-five centavos like I did before. When the jeepney fare hike was implemented over a month ago, the “benchingco” suddenly regained its worth. Recently, the FXs had their share of increase also. There is nothing Juan can do about this but to accept. However, airline companies seem to be on the reverse side of things; seat sales, promos and other forms of discounts lure passengers to take the plane. The advertisements come in such an opportune time as everybody is agog to leave Metro Manila for a change of environment or whatnot. Just about everybody I know has had plans for the summer, but I, on the other hand, intend to stay nearby. 

Let me share some developments in my life that made me choose to stay home. 
The door to my own room, finally!
  1. I finally have my own room! After four years of sharing a studio unit with sister, I now have a room of my own. I paid a price of P30,000 for the priceless prize of privacy. My 30-square-meter unit looks smaller now than before because I had someone build two rooms out of it. But the size does not matter because the four walls shielding my obese body as I put clothes on are worth all the money I poured in. I think sister is as happy as I am because she would not have to hear my snoring every night!
  2. There’s work, of course, which I will not discuss any further because it will just upset me. Hehe.
Despite my choice to stay home, Metro Manila still does offer me reasons to enjoy my  summer, my way. 
My niece, mi sobrina
When my sister graduated from college , my folks came and they brought my niece, Jerica, with them. She had so much fun. She thought Manila was all fun. Imagine, she was able to visit a total of ten major malls in just a week in Manila, and ate everything her index finger beckoned. It was a joy seeing my niece having fun, and it was good having a kid around. 

Easter Sunday mass
Yeah, I did a bit of religious stuff, also, during the holy week. This was taken on Easter Sunday. While my co-volunteer friends, who are my Visita Iglesia companions, went to Bicol, I stayed home. It was a pretty quiet week. But I got bored eventually. So, on April 9, Araw ng Kagitingan, I got myself a Wi-tribe modem.  Now, I'm writing this post at home and will upload this post the moment I am done. I need not wait for my kind neighbor's unsecured Wifi connection.

Aliwan float with Reyna ng Aliwan candidates
I did a bit of cultural experience, as well. It was fascinating to witness the parade, the dances and the performers at the Aliwan Festival. I might just watch again next year. I hope you will, too.

Commonwealth Avenue


When an invitation to a batchmate's daughter's first birthday party came, I just had to say yes. Kiddie parties and free food are always fun! My trip to the party venue has been the longest I have taken so far this summer --- two hours from Sucat to Quezon City! hehe. I was happy I went.

One full month is ahead of me before summer officially ends. There's a lot more work now than before, but I am going to make whatever's remaining to be as fun as all the summers I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...