from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Obstacle Course

The school beside my place is on a semestral break. So, for the first time in many months, I see fewer people and no students on the streets every morning. As a result, FX drivers don't get to drop off students by our street, meaning, no ride for waiting passengers! For the limited FX passing our street, my animal instincts are put to use as I fight off other passengers to secure my one square foot of butt space!

Only this time do I engage in a car chase! I, together with many other office people, run towards the empty FX that stops some ten meters from our corner. Every morning for the past few days, I get a twenty-second workout as I rush for that prime spot. A lady in her fifties joins us in that short race. She is not successful all the time, however. It's a funny sight because men and women in their nice office clothes participate in a race; I am not spared. In fact, I relish this morning challenge. I still have my commuter groove on! hehe.

The early morning run is a good way to get my blood pumping, but I would really prefer a different way. My health, I would say, is still in good shape, but I certainly  wouldn't want to be dashing for a ride in my fifties; it's not a good sight. But we do what we must. Work we must, and a whole new obstacle course awaits us until the end of the day.
Random picture. I forgot the story behind this photo. This gave me the creeps when I saw it again.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday, pare! God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i hope i know who you are watchamaculit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. been using this nick since college. eto na ginamit ko dito para hindi na anonymous, hehehe.

    -she

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...