from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy World Teacher's Day!

While waiting for a ride this morning
I have to admit that I felt a sudden pinch somewhere when I received a "Happy Teacher's Day" greeting this morning. The many months of training in my new job has temporarily made me forget that months before the classroom was my workplace, but my present co-workers would often refer to me as the 'teacher' in a batch of diverse occupations. I guess I could not shake off that title, and I am not willing to part with it completely even when I am taking on a new career. Once a teacher, always a teacher they say.

I do miss being a teacher. I miss my former co-teachers. I also miss my nice students.

The teachers who have been part of my life - former teachers,  former co-teachers,  and present teachers - deserve all the gratitude they deserve. Much of what I have achieved in my short life is attributed to the teachers who shaped my life. So, I texted all teachers in my phonebook, with a message saying thanks.  I felt better.

If you can read this post, thank a teacher.
Teacher's Day Morning

3 comments:

  1. I used to be one of your students, and I read your blog every other month- it's very entertaining :-) I'm surprised though that you don't work in Zobel anymore. Where do you work now, sir Roldan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ashley_10, you're welcome.
    @my anonymous former student,nice to hear from you! thanks for reading! I left Zobel last school year. I work now for the government - Department of Foreign Affairs! hehe. We'd probably cross path soon when you renew your passport! hehe. If that ever happens, say 'hi' to me, ok? Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...