from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Commuter's night out in a long time!!!

Spending is the last thing on my mind nowadays. I've not gone out in a long time. The most expensive non-essential thing I have spent on was a movie ticket, and it has been weeks ago! But when a former classmate and co-teacher, Noy, invited us, his former school colleagues, to experience Quezon City's night life, specifically the Scout Area, we were quick to say yes; mine was a quicker YES since Noy said he was footing the bill. The day came and I called him to give me instructions on how to get there. He said I could take any Fairview-bound FX or bus and get off at Delta and take any Kamuning-bound jeep to Tomas Morato. His instructions seemed clear, and I headed to the venue without appearing too poor for the Tomas Morato crowd. It was going to be a challenge since I hadn't gone to that part of Quezon City alone.

Anyway, this was how it went from Manila. From SM Manila (which I am very familiar with), I was among the pedestrians making our way into our respective destinations and jeepney terminals.


                                                             Morayta came into view next...
                                          It was a sunny afternoon while we were traversing Espana....

Delta. I have always wondered why it was named so. But ponderings like that are not important. A commuter must choose wisely which road should be taken....

Finally, Tomas Morato at 5:30 pm. I was too early! A true loser. hehe. Not wanting to spend on anything while waiting for the rest of the gang, I walked the stretched of Tomas Morato. I only stopped when the roads' names no longer had 'Scout' in them. So, I went back and explored other  streets near our meeting place. The establishments along the the area were an interesting mix of comedy, straight and gay bars. We didn't go to any of those. We had a fine dinner at a Mexican place.



                                   After the free dinner, we did something they all enjoyed doing.
As for me, for three hours, I told myself to just enjoy the moment, and be grateful for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...