from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cleared!

Waiting at UN LRT Station


An indicator to suggest that living in a particular place may not be very desirable is when people in the area  freely give out discount cards to motels. When I received my second discount card within two hours of being in Monumento in Caloocan, I told myself that I had just added one in my list of places to avoid.
UN LRT Station, UN Avenue
It was my first time alone in Monumento because I had to get an NBI Clearance. The last time I got mine was seven years ago in Carriedo in Manila. Now, the NBI Clearance Processing Center is housed in a mall near Monumento LRT station. I cannot complain about the whole thing; I managed to get my clearance in a little over an hour of queuing and getting my fingers dirtied. The time spent for the application was acceptable.
I would have to recognize, though, the help extended by various people whom I asked to point to me where Victory Mall was. There were still many accommodating people around.
On my way home, I took the LRT to take me the other end of the train line – Baclaran. I was amazed by the worth of my 15-peso ticket. No wonder why commuters take the LRT. It really is a lot cheaper! If I took a different mode of transportation to Baclaran, it would have cost me at least 50 bucks! That experience made me consider supporting a move to increase LRT fare to an agreeable rate. Metro Manila commuters benefit from it; an additional peso may just make things better.
As I reached for my ticket in my pocket to be handed to the blue guard by the turnstile, the discount cards came into view. The cards got me thinking : Did I give them the impression that I was into short-time sex and that I might need the cards?
Although sex sells, there is nothing much to discuss here. Hehe. I choose not to, or I can talk about it in a different post. Hehe.

1 comment:

Feel free to write whatever...