from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Katas ng Saudi


When I think of the bills I have to pay or the car I cannot own, I go on thinking like the 10 million Filipinos who have scattered all over the world. I'd like my tiny spot in the world also, working for the money I could never earn in the Philippines. I would come back to the country seeing my many investments and properties that had become the physical reminder of a life lived in hard work. "Katas ng Saudi" or something similar they would say.

But that is just a passing thought. I don't think I'd be hearing people say "Katas ng Saudi" as they notice my imaginary gold chain around my neck since I am not actively pursuing work abroad. To have a job that pays a lot is something I want, though.

For now, I shall admire the good life foreign employment has given the overseas workers. When I ride in a jeepney with an emblazoned "KATAS NG SAUDI,"  I would recognize the efforts of that proud jeepney operator. He must now be finally enjoying retirement life as he let his passenger jeepneys and other business ventures do the money-making for him. I imagine he would do a bit of golf after a quick visit to his store; he would be talking to a travel agent to plan his next foreign trip with his wife and kids, while I would plan the cheapest route to take as I head for a job interview in Taguig Global City.

2 comments:

  1. Taguig! Oh my, my target, too! =)
    See you soon, Ralfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni, I didn't go to Taguig anymore. I'd be poorer with the fare I would spend if I was to work there. I'm also considering starting a business. I might find my luck there or elsewhere... Good luck to us!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...