from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Love

For the first time in 15 years, my good friend in her 30's is hearing her heart beat again for a man who seems to be seriously pursuing her. She was beginning to forget how it was to love. 

I need not know the rest of the details of her love affair. I am already content and happy knowing that she blushes like a teenager at the slightest mention of love. For a lady whose many weekends have been spent as a single woman praying to God for a boyfriend, she deserves whatever feeling she has right now.

There is always an opportunity for love at one point in our lives; for some, it's several, but it is undeniable that love, in whatever form, age and intensity, feels good. I am not to speak at length about the topic, for the subject has been immortalized in all forms of literatures already. I'll let Shakespeare and my mother do that for me.

Why am I writing about love in a commuting blog? It is because I couldn't think of anything else to write about commuting! hehe.

Seriously now, the the long weekend got me to watch a lot of TV, and I saw Yeng Constantino's newest single entitled "Jeepney Love Story." As I was listening to it, I told myself, "I will blog about jeepney love stories." But I couldn't think of a love story conceived in a jeep or bus for that matter. I've heard stories about babies being conceived in buses, but I have no personal knowledge of a love story springing from a bus or jeepney ride.

There are instances, though, that a passenger or two would catch your attention. They'd have pretty faces, nice bodies, and sweet fragrances, but the admiration would only be as good as the length of the trip. I can only imagine of a situation when you've taken fancy over someone in a jeep and pursued this someone to become your one true love. It's pretty much like a storyline from a Filipino romance novel.

In my limited experience about love and in my bottomless resource of love stories, I have learned to see that love can start anywhere - snail mail exchanges, Internet chat, group project, lab partners and many more. Jeepney rides are not exempted. But if you see someone winking and looking fiercely at you in a jeep or on a bus, whether it's from a girl, boy, or someone in between, it's best you arm yourself. Or you could always wink back.

I wish all of us love, wherever we may be.

5 comments:

  1. my ex-boss met his future wife inside a UP ikot. he treated her that day, and as they say, the rest is history.

    between undergrad and law school, i have taken the ikot bazillions of times. i wonder if i've missed out on my one great true love by learning how to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. there's always the novena that your aunt/lola could do for you! malay mo, in one your drives, as you roll down your window a fine man in a bmw or kalesa might be smitten by your whatever. hehe. possibilities are endless. i wish you luck as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhm, that has actually happened, a guy in traffic (and inside a nice car!) was asking for my number, and he (seemed) really sincere about it. except that i was dating someone, so i declined.

    but here's the even funnier kwento. i texted the guy i was dating then, writing "hey, a guy hit on me"

    his reply: ano, nabangga ka na naman?

    hahaha. no wonder that relationship ended soon after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one for the books Roxy! Guess I wouldn't dare do that in the middle of the road... But the winking and winking back(or something vaguely equivalent to that) in PUVs as mentioned by commuter, now THAT I've done quite a few of in my younger days! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what my jeepney love stories are, right ralf? :) but seriously, i personally know some love stories that ended in the jeepney, not the ones that started...I think it is strategic place to end things because when the jeep storms fast, it is kind of noisy, so less the humiliation of shouting and cursing at one another. just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to write whatever...