from the commuter

The photos which I took myself are random images of commuting and life. Enjoy the ride!

Friday, January 31, 2014

First Post of the Year in my first posting

A little over three months.

That is the length of my stay in Nigeria as of  this writing. If I did not make a conscious effort of counting, I would not have known I had been here that long. Time flies by really fast.

A lot has happened.

I have had an acid fly (Nairobi fly, electric fly) land on my nape only to be killed, causing it to release some potent acid strong enough to burn my skin. I have survived this. Look at the pictures; they are not necessarily in correct order.

There are other health problems I had, due to either neglect or just plain bad luck, but I'd rather not discuss it here, because I sense it is going to be a recurring problem. Sad it is, but there is always the pharmacy.

But there are more reasons for celebration.

It took me many weeks before I finally got to have a place of my own. It is exciting to furnish a house; it sure is expensive, too. But I tell myself that privacy is an expensive price to pay, and,  not to forget, one's happiness, as well.


Embassy people went to my place for the housewarming. Well, my spaghetti was not a success; I ended up throwing some of it after its long tenure inside my fridge. Nevertheless, I was able to show them my new crib! I could not contain my excitement during the first few days of my stay in my own place. I was to eager to spend all my money in furnishing the whole place, and I did spend all my money, and still I could not completely do my home. I realize that with what I am earning, it might take years before I could fully complete everything I need; when that time comes, I would probably be moving to some place else where the cycle would once again start.

I will keep this post short for now, but this does not mean I have  nothing else to write. I have tons; it is just that I have to find time.





Food brought in by my colleagues from the Embassy

Zuma Rock, one of Nigeria's more famous attractions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write whatever...